Thursday, April 1, 2010

I suffered silently, says Jiah Khan

Actress Jiah Khan has had enough. She hadn’t spoken a word when she was unceremoniously replaced with actor Genelia D’ Souza in the much hyped but flop movie Chance Pe Dance.

Shahid Kapoor, the male lead of the movie, had then made it clear that it was director Ken Ghosh’s directive to replace Jiah overnight.

He had said, “It was totally his (Ken’s) decision (to replace Jiah). I was equally sad when I was told that Jiah was being replaced.

I never really liked her being replaced like that but I could have done nothing about it.” Ken confirmed later that it was his own decision but never really wanted to get into the details.

After the fiasco, Jiah immediately left for London. Now, for the first time, she has opened up on the matter. Speaking.

On the phone from London, she says, “I suffered silently when this happened (when Ken asked her to leave the sets).

I was asking myself ‘why?’ But I had no option when he (Ken) told me to leave even as the film was nearing completion.

But I never questioned his decision and quietly walked away hoping that it will be the end of it,” she says. But it was not.

Stories started appearing about how every scene of Jiah’s was getting deleted frame by frame. “A film is like a marriage. When it breaks off it creates a lot of bad blood. But I decided not to go around saying things against anybody. It was not that I didn’t know what was being said about me. Still, I decided not to stoop so low,” Jiah says.

But as luck would have it, the film flopped at the box office. “I know that it has flopped. But even now I will be dignified in not uttering a bad word against him. But regarding working with him again, I really have to think harder,” she ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment